From the blog:
According to pro-life activists who were at the clinic at the time of Saturday’s incident, the injured patient was a woman who had come to Carhart’s poorly-maintained abortion clinic the previous day on Friday with her teen-aged daughter.
On Friday, the two women stayed at Carhart’s abortion office for about three hours, then left with the older woman driving.
The following morning, the two women were seen returning to Carhart’s facility. At about 11:50 a.m. on Saturday, the ambulance arrived for the older woman. According to witnesses, the daughter ran out of the clinic and told pro-life activists, “That’s my mom,” referring to the woman who was being transported.
“The events reported by witnesses are indicative of a botched early second trimester abortion procedure,” said Newman.
Carhart has carried no hospital privileges whatsoever since 1982. A lack of hospital privileges has been shown to interrupt the continuity of patient care and create delays in emergency treatment of women suffering life-threatening abortion complications.
Dates of other incidents involving Carhart documented by Operation Rescue include:
• March 4, 2014, Germantown, MD: Patient hemorrhaged after 2nd trimester abortion complications.
• November 30, 2013, Bellevue, NE: Patient suffered 2nd trimester abortion complications.
• November 26, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient required emergency surgery. (Video with 911 recording)
• July 9, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient hemorrhaged. (Video with 911 recording)
• February 7, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient Jennifer Morbelli died of 3rd trimester abortion complications. (Autopsy Report)
• March 31, 2012, Bellevue, NE: Patient heard moaning and screaming during 911 call (Video with 911 recording.)
Share on Facebook